In this post you can read more about:
- New high yield, high throughput DNA isolation kit via magnetic beads
- See the differences between LINE-1 analysis & Global 5mC ELISA
- Fastest way to study multiple H3 & H4 histone modifications at the same time
- New kit: 8-OhG RNA Damage Quantification Direct Kit
Introducing the new EpiMag™ High Throughput DNA Isolation Universal Kit, which utilizes magnetic bead technology for fast, cost-effective high throughput DNA isolation from various biological samples, including tissues, cultured cells, blood, bone marrow, buffy coat, cerebrospinal fluid, and many more. Advantages of this kit include:
- Finish within 45 minutes for 96 samples
- Optimized buffer chemistries for completely separating DNA from multiple materials
- Efficient removal of protein, salts, enzymes, PCR inhibiting substances, and other impurities
- High recovery isolation (>80% of input DNA)
- Scalable for single tube or 96-well plate formats
|Choose from more Sample Preparation Kits, including…|
|EpiMag HT (96-Well) Magnetic Separator||EpiNext DNA Purification HT System|
LINE-1 Methylation Analysis Alternative:
MethylFlash™ Global DNA Methylation (5-mC) ELISA Easy Kit
Given the wide array of options to quantitate global DNA methylation, one method is Long Interspersed Nuclear Element-1 (LINE-1) methylation analysis. Here, the levels of methylation of LINE-1 repeats are determined often by bisulfite conversion, PCR amplification & pyrosequencing. Given the repetitive motifs of LINE-1 (comprising approximately 18-20% of the genome) the results are extrapolated to determine the global DNA methylation level.
EpiGentek is here to provide an alternative to make the process easier, quicker and more reliable. Our proprietary MethylFlash™ Global DNA Methylation (5-mC) ELISA Easy Kit provides everything you need to get quality data on global DNA methylation quantitation using an ELISA-like method. With a simple 2-hour procedure, our kit allows the flexibility for either manual or high throughput options. Simplified to 3 main steps in the protocol, you’ll be able to complete more research in less time.
See how the 5-mC ELISA Easy Kit (cat #: P-1030) has more advantages in several categories than LINE-1 methylation techniques.
Global DNA Methylation ELISA Easy Kits
Measuring global 5-mC and 5-hmC levels in DNA doesn’t need to be a big hassle. Forget those cumbersome techniques that can be lengthy, costly and often produce too much unnecessary data. Instead, save yourself the extra effort and quantify global DNA methylation levels in one easy step with our MethylFlash™ Global DNA Methylation and Hydroxymethylation ELISA Easy Kits.
- So fast…finish in just 2 hours
- ELISA-like format enables direct quantitation of genomic DNA methylation in a “one-step” reaction
- Significantly more affordable than costly LC-mass spectrometry
Screen & Measure
RNA m6A Methylation
Post-transcriptional modifications are known to play a crucial part in the life cycles of certain viruses like human coronavirus. Adenosine methylation in particular, such as m6A, has been reported to affect the viability of specific RNA viruses by modulating viral cap structures, viral reproduction, innate sensing pathways, and the innate immune response. The RNA genome of SARS-CoV-2 contains more than 50 potential m6A sites based on the presence of specific sequence motifs for m6A modification by the RNA methylase complex METTL3/14, including GGACU(T), GGACA, and GGACC. Consequently, greater than 0.64% of all adenosines, or 0.18% of all bases, in SARS-CoV-2 RNA could be m6A.
|» Read Article: m6A Methylase and Histone Arginine Methylation as Druggable Targets of SARS-CoV-2|
|m6A RNA Methylation Quantification Kits||m6A Demethylase & Methylase Activity/Inhibition Assays||CUT&RUN MeRIP & MeRIP-Seq Kits|
New 8-OhG RNA Damage Quantification Direct Kit
Detect 8-OhG oxidative RNA damage in RNA samples
- Fast 3-hour procedure with easy-to-follow steps
- As low as 2 pg of 8-OhG limit of detection
- Directly use RNA isolated from cells or tissues
- No need for RNA digestion or hydrolysis
- Manual or high throughput analysis